Thursday, April 20, 2006

A little about me.

I'm Ian Parberry, a middle-aged professor of Computer Science. Computer Science, yeah, that makes me a dinosaur, I know. I used the internet back when it was called the arpanet.

In 1993 I got bored and started teaching and doing research in game development. I thought I was a year or two ahead of the pack, but it turns out I was 13 years ahead. Game dev is insanely popular this year.

To find out about my professional life, take a look at my webpage at http://www.eng.unt.edu/ian. You should follow all the links, of course.

I grew up in England, emigrated to Australia at age 10, returned for my PhD at age 22, and moved to the US at age 25. Now I live in Texas. I can be recognized as a foreigner on three different continents. I own 4 parrots, 1 dog, 2 frogs, and a toad. I've been married for 23 years to the same woman, and I have three daughters, the youngest of whom is 7.

So google me if you want to know more. That's what computers are for, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment