Saturday, December 01, 2007

Thoughts on research and teaching.

A new PhD student, Jonathon Doran, will be joining me in January. He pointed out that my UNT webpage hasn't been kept up-to-date recently about my game development research. In fact, it looks like not much is going on. He's right, my former PhD student Tim Roden used to say the same thing.

So this week I put together a new research webpage here. I'm not totally finished, this is the first draft.

On Monday my request for new game development classes goes before the Undergraduate Committee of the Dept. of Computer Science & Engineering. This is just the first step of a multi-committee process. I'm proposing a new class on Game Math and Physics, and a new topics class for game dev students. Once this process gets started I'll work on the Game Programming certificate that the Dean wants. On the plus side, my requests for graduate level classes were apparently approved. I need to work on a new website for the teaching side of my work too.

No comments:

Post a Comment