Thursday, March 06, 2008


Snow!

I headed to work today with my wife's dire warnings of snow ringing in my ears. About 11am it started sleeting. By noon it was snowing. By 1pm the snow had turned into huge snowy clumps a couple of inches across. Still the university did not announce closing. Finally at 2:10pm I got the announcement from the UNT emergency notification system on my cellphone telling me that the university would close at 2pm.

I would have liked to have gotten the notification before 2pm though.

It took over an hour to slog home through the snow. My thoughts go to the UNT employees who live further north, deeper into the snow. It's not like the university didn't know this was going to happen. At least, to hear my wife talk about it, it was pretty obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment