Friday, March 21, 2008

Viva Spring Break!

This week was Spring Break. My wife and my youngest daughter promptly came down with the flu, not your normal measly three-day cold, but the genuine flu. My wife is a constant reminder that the German for "sick" is "krank"... she's constantly cranky that is. So my Spring Break has consisted mostly of hiding in the spare bedroom in an effort not to get sick, while emerging to cook meals and to nag the children to clean up after themselves, the latter a vital job that my wife is unable to do while she's sick, hence she delegates it to me.

Today she insisted that she was well enough to drag us all through the Turner exhibit at the Dallas Museum of Art. Which was well and good, I suppose, but my favorite part of the DMA is a small permanent exhibit on Sir Winston Churchill including some feathers from his favorite budgie. So here they are, for your instruction and edification, Winston Churchill's budgie Toby's tail feathers.





No comments:

Post a Comment